The ACT Up Speed Reading program consists of a single 3-hour class, which unfolds like this:
- We start by measuring and recording the student’s beginning reading speeds.
- We then administer and grade the Social Sciences passage from the Reading Comprehension portion of the ACT and record the score (this is 1/4 of the entire reading section).
- Next, we teach five different techniques designed to eliminate habits that slow reading, along with tips to help students navigate the ACT and SAT more quickly.
We then tell the students to use everything they just learned as we:
- Administer and grade the Social Sciences passage from a different ACT.
- Measure their new reading speed.
- Compare the students’ beginning and ending reading speeds and test scores.
To see the preclass and post class averages click HERE